Review: Impossible 5 (Telefilm)

Eid comes with lots of shopping, yummy foods and lots and lots of TV shows and telefilms. I usually remain busy with my cousins all day long, and barely have time to watch those. Plus recently a lot of new TV channels are popping in the scenario, so you actually lose count of all the TV serials that they air on fifty or so different channels. I remember that on one Eid I had actually made a list (a schedule, to be more appropriate) of all the shows that I wanted to watch, and had ended up watching none.

The sponsor list of these TV shows is so long that there are actually more commercials than the length of the actual show, which is irritating at times (read 'always'). The schedule shows that the show will start at eight-thirty, which actually means that their will be about a hundred commercials, starting at eight-thirty, and the show will start whenever the last commercial of that particular session has been aired!

I had lost my appetite in these shows before Airtel decided to jump into the scene and produced some quality telefilms. The first one that I had watched was called 'Bhalobashi Tai Bhalobeshe Jai', followed by 'Amader Golpo' and the latest hit '@ 18 - All Time Dourer Upor' which is my favorite so far (I will soon post a review of it. Just figured I haven't written one yet!). The latest addition to the list is 'Impossible 5', the seventh telefilm presented by Airtel. Here is a poster of the show.


The story of this telefilm revolves around five kids (they go to university) who have superpowers, and in one accident, their powers get revealed. The rest of the telefilm shows how they cope with their sudden exposure to fame and how they use it to help a man who apparently is in danger.

Everything was going on perfectly. An impressive promotion led everyone to believe that this show was undoubtedly going to be the biggest hit of the year, and given the reputation of telefilms by Airtel, all of us were pretty hopeful that we were going to witness history. But unfortunately all did not go to plan, and the telefilm ended up getting bad remarks for their overall work.

This is what I thought about the telefilm:

1. The story was not strong. Though the concept was pretty amazing. We've never had sci-fi or fantasy concepts used in our telefilms before this, but the story could have been so much better. The ending shocked me, though, but still I would say that there were plenty of scopes to make it better.

2. The acting of Allen Shubhro was believable, but the other kids needed slight polishing. Then again, I loved Allen more in @18 rather than this one.

3. The graphics was okay. But we didn't get to see much of it.

4. Where was the Iresh Zaker? We have seen better work by him!

5. Airtel needs to come out of their 'Bondhu Chara Life Impossible' (life is impossible without friends) motto, or they will run out of ideas!

6. I know nothing about the technical stuff of movies, so I won't go there. But this show was not a comfort to my eyes. They needed to show some more details.

That is all. I know there have been a lot of controversies and people have been bashing the cast and creators of this telefilm on social networking sites, but all I want to say is it could be better, but we cannot really overlook this small success. It feels good to see that people of our country are actually thinking of such concepts. So far, sci-fi only meant aliens invading America or fantasy meant a bunch of American Vampires or other supernatural creatures; never Bangladeshi, never Indian, never any Asian. But now there's hope that maybe someday we will have movies in which aliens will attack Bangladesh and we will have a bunch of hot vampires roaming about in the streets of Dhaka. Eagerly waiting for that day to come.

My rating for Impossible 5:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty