30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

I was supposed to do this a long time ago, but got held.
So, without further excuses, let me present to you my next creation: an elephant.

Those of you who have been reading this blog know that I did not have much clay to begin with, and so I had to go for blue for the elephant. I did not even have black or white for the eyes (well, I have the white. But wouldn't it look creepy without a black iris?)

Here is a shot of my finished elephant:



Steps:

First, I began with dividing the total clay into three portions: one for head, one for the body, and the other for the legs, ears and trunk.



Next, I made the body. I figured that the amount was too less for even shaping, so I plopped it on the workstation and just gave it a shape so that it can hold the head on it. I guess I could have given it a better shape if I had more clay.



After that, I shaped the head, and using a stick, poked in the eyes and the brows.



Next, I took small portions of clay and pressed with fingers to create the ears. Here's how:






Since I did not use any water or other adhesive to keep the parts attached to the body, I inserted some sticks at places so that the add-ons would hold. Here's what I did for the ears:



Of course I hid them properly so that they wouldn't show.
Next, for the trunk, I took a balled portion of clay and gave it a cylindrical shape.



Added little details...



And then I attached it to the face, with a small piece of stick to hold it in place.




I used the other potion of clay to construct the legs, and used sticks to attach them all together.



Here are a few shots of the finished elephant:







So, this is how it turned out.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. If you have any queries or have anything to say, do let me know in the comments below! :)

Click here to see other clay sculptures made by me :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty