Restaurant AND Meal Review: eat@ at Jamuna Future Park

eat@ (by BRAC Chicken) launched a few days ago (click here to visit their Facebook page). I would probably have no clue about this restaurant whatsoever if I had not visited Aarong the other day. While checking out after shopping, they handed me a flyer that said '20% off on meals', and I thought, well, why not?

Hence the visit. Although this is a comparatively new restaurant and I believed that I should not keep my hopes high, the fact that they are serving chicken made me change my mind. KFC, BFC and CP have pretty much made our expectation really high with their supreme quality of food and service, and I expected the same from this one.

Here's a sneak peek of my lunch there:


I have several open verdicts for this restaurant and give you complete freedom to interpret them in whichever way you like. Here we go.

As you all know, JFP does not get a lot of visitors every day. So when I entered their restaurant at around 12, it was completely empty. I had gone there sort of unprepared because I could not find any details on the menu on their FB page. To be honest, the menu (especially the combo meals) disappointed me a bit.


I skipped the combos and went for one chicken breast, one drumstick, a pack of french fries and a Coke (they have Coke, not Pepsi. Those who have issues between the two, please watch out).

The meal came extremely (around 30-40 minutes) late. I was almost dead from hunger! They did want to serve the french fries first but I politely denied. Looking back, I did the right thing because I wouldn't like my lunch to be split into two portions with an interval of 30 minutes.

Anyway, so after serving the food, they told me that one of the drumsticks were not ready (I had gone there with a friend) and that they would need more time to finish that. This really disappointed me. They were already late, and then they couldn't complete cooking the meal in that time either.

Here's a shot:


Closing up on the chicken:


Now, the chicken was simple, bland chicken, and the crumb had barely any spices to it. Different restaurants have different recipes for their chicken, and probably this restaurant had one for themselves too. However, all I found was ground black pepper doled out beneath the layer of crumb, and I did not like it that much.

The menu promised a whopping amount of french fries, but this is all I got:


Although the food did not meet my expectation, I really liked the way they were presented. The paper containers were really classy, and they maintained proper hygiene. I also loved the ambience  of the restaurant. Here are a few shots:

 



But since I went there to eat and not to stare at the decor of the place, I am not going to rate it based on it's appearance.

Verdict:

1. The place was really good, quiet and clean. But that could be because JFP does not have a lot of visitors.

2. The food was late and did not meet my expectation. BUT the reason they took all the time in the world to prepare the order could also be because they were not expecting a lot of visitors.

3. The food could have been much better in taste. Also, my stomach did not really have a positive response to the food I gobbled down. I faced a serious case of food poisoning after coming home. I don't know what else to blame because I had not eaten anything else on that day except for mineral water, but since the weather was really hot, it could have happened because of the extreme heat.

Now that I have stated both sides of the argument, you are free to decide if you will completely trust my review or not. 

Will I revisit the place? I might. They have a special burger on their menu that I still want to try. :)

My rating for eat@ :


Have you been to any outlets of this restaurant? How did you feel about your visit? What did you like and dislike about the place and their food? Let me know in the comments below!

Click here to read other food and restaurant reviews by me!

Comments

  1. Nice Article. I like your writing style. Yes, there are lots of food shops are available, but most are Indian restaurants. If I say about the taste of their available foods. In my personal opinion, it's quite okay for me but the price is very than outside Jamuna Future Park.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty