An Earth-shattering Mishap! :(

My phone was stolen yesterday! :(

You must be thinking, "What's so earth-shattering about this incident? It keeps happening to many people everyday!" But think again. If this incident has not happened to you ever, you do not know how helpless we feel when we turn the back-pocket of our handbags to find the zip opened and the content vanished!

It was another busy day and I was waiting for a bus at Malibag. The bus came, and I rushed with mom and other people to catch it (a very common sight in our country. Forming a queue is kind of a crime here!). There was a huge crowd gathered in front of the bus and we tried our way in. Behind my mom was a woman, the type that lives in slums-with dirty and tattered sari wrapped up around her body and a child held on her hip. She had another small kid of around seven to nine years old, not a day more than that! She was asking mom to let her through, and the nine-year-old was right behind me! Who would suspect an innocent child for such a crime, right?

So, the woman really never came closer to my bag, and nor did they board the bus. When I was seated safely, as I always do, I turned my bag to check my phone for calls or texts, but the zip was open, and my phone was gone! My heart dropped so low I am sure it had reached to the hell already!

"Mom, I don't have my phone here!" -was my first response. Mom replied with, "There. Gone!"
Don't call her pessimist. She's been seeing people complaining about lost phones right in that very bus. And when I confirmed her that I had not left it at home, she was certain that it was stolen.

The driver of the bus, somehow, seemed to be in a very good mood after hearing this news.
"Was there a woman with two kids there when you were trying to get up?" He asked a little more enthusiastically. Mom nodded, and I started doubting him because of his accuracy of accusation. Then he changed the topic and said that it often happened, and they were regular thieves.
"In fact I think I know them. They come from the same place where I live..." He said these words and then I guess he bit his lips mentally, and then busied himself in consoling me. "Forget it, ma'am." Don't be upset." "These keep happening." You get the idea. He was acting like he had just done drugs and was high from it!

After that he started making very urgent calls. A lot of them!

Anyway. I am not worried about the phone. I am worried about the contents inside my memory card. It had photos of me and my cats, many of whom are dead now. It had video clips of my cats (none of me, fortunately!), and some saved pages of Opera Mini from my phone that were very important to me.
Why should I be scared about those photos? No, it's not what you think. I don't have any obscene photos of mine stored in there. But remember the type of people I mentioned earlier? The type that lives in slums? Okay, no, maybe slightly better than that: the ones living in near-slums but having access to internet and Facebook. The phone was stolen for the purpose of selling, and if any of these type buys it, for sure my photos will end up as profile pictures of numerous fake accounts.

OR WORSE... (adult contents coming up :P)

...my photos will end up in 'those' pages.
For instance, what's wrong with this photo? ---> [click here]
But if you read the caption and the comments, you'll get to know how dirty can people think!

And what about this page? Photo Collection of Girls on Facebook
Collection? Are you kidding me?

Well, I am not saying that all the photos are okay, but what about the ones that have no nudity in them? What have those innocent girls done to have deserved all those dirty comments?
What pains me the most is that most such pages that I have come across belongs to Bengalis. Why? Anyone has an answer? I think not.

Praying to my Creator that my photos don't fall in the wrong hands and don't end up in one of these pages. Amen!

And to the thieves, my dears there is a thing called 'Karma'. So fear your God, and come to the way of light. Stealing will not make you Bill Gates, but earning in the right way might earn you some dignity.

Image from: Google search.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty