Work, work and lots of work!

My life has changed a lot in the past two days, and I have turned from being a full-time student to a full time student with a part time job! I simply couldn't fathom the burning passion in my heart for writing, and decided to turn it into the reason of my being on this planet. So without actually considering what I might be signing up for, I went for a written exam for an IT solution company who were apparently looking for someone who could write good articles.

Articles, I thought, who doesn't know how to write them, right? A short, HD video clip started playing inside my head and I visualized the weekly magazines that I devour so fervently, and jumped into the thing without thinking for a second time.

The exam went well: I was surrounded by students from English medium and I had almost lost hope that I would ever make it. But then right after a few days: DING! My email alerted me that I had indeed, gotten a message from the hiring manager.

I was instantly on cloud nine!

But the last two days have constantly reminded me that I have been shifted from my house to some sort of prison, for time keeps slipping out of my hands whenever I start writing the so-called articles. On the first day they gave me three articles to write, with another eight (yes, you read it right) to fix. I started off happily, but by the end it felt like I was simply staring at the screen, with none of the sentences actually managing to penetrate through the barrier of my overly preoccupied brain! I still cannot recall how I had finished the task, but all I know is that I am still alive, and breathing, and walking, and talking like a normal person should, and taking showers...

Believe me when I say this: I thought they were going to provide me with work that calls for writing sweet little details of baking cupcakes, and other things of that sort. But I ended up with really difficult terms that I have never come across in my entire life! But the plus side is, I am able to write again, and it is taking me much less time to whip up a few words on the blank page than it used to a few days ago. For that sole reason, I will thank my job. And for nothing else!

I have already forgotten that I have a life other than the computer and the words on the screen, but I am intent on convincing myself that the two things are entirely different. I miss reading. I miss chatting with my best friend. I miss playing with my cats. I miss watching TV. I miss lying on the bed for hours, daydreaming. My friends and family out there who are unable to contact me right now: I promise I'll get back to you as soon as I sort the time out. But till then, sorry! :(


Image from: bubblews.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty