Midnight Madness: Fixing the Issues with My To-read Shelf

Well, I am not really sure if I should call it madness, because I am certain that many readers out there do the same.
If you are the type of reader who has more books on his/her to-read shelf than he/she can finish in this lifetime then I believe you already understand the immense pain that we have to go through right after finishing a book. The single question that jolts us awake in the middle of the night is:

What to read next?

Okay I might have made it a little too melodramatic. But I wouldn't deny that I don't spend an awful lot of time worrying about the next book I want to read.

I had read a blog post a few days back (sorry I couldn't find it for you) where it said that you could make these small chits with the names of books you want to read next, and when you finish one, you simply pick up another and whatever the chit says, you read that book. This makes it a lot easier and cuts the agony we have to face every time.

There was this Facebook post that suggested something similar. But it asked us to write down the names of all the books we have already read, and to check them at the end of the year: just to recall the good memories related to the books, etc. I had rolled my eyes at that idea because I have my Goodreads account for this, of course. But when that blog post said that we could do this for the to-read shelf, I found it to be really helpful.

I know this is not really an appropriate time to do all these (it's 2:30 in the morning) but I couldn't think of a better time.

So this is what I did. I took two A4-size paper and cut them into 32 pieces.



Oh, btw, I have challenged myself to read 30 books on Goodreads this year.

Okay. Next, to make things a little less monotonous, I used different colored pens for writing the names.



Here are the names.



Well, yes. There are not 30 names on these chits. These are only 15. I have kept the other 15 for adding later, maybe after a few more months. I am not really sure about the releases this year, and I am not sure if I will get my hands on those books so quickly.

Here is the current list:

1. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
2. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
3. The Partials by Dan Wells
4. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
6. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
7. Splintered by A.G. Howard
8. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
9. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
10. Gone by Michael Grant
11. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
12. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
13. Half-blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
14. Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
15. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

I wanted to put some Indian books there as well, but the only bookstore that used to take orders for those are rather busy in setting up cafe, small 3D movie theater and kids' play zone inside that store and make some more money rather than taking orders. I am totally mad at them because they had told me that their next shipment would be a little late. Eight months have passed and I am not sure if I am supposed to wait any longer.

If you are reading this and happen to know any Indian bookstore that ships books to Bangladesh, then please leave a comment. :)

Alright, so after that I folded the pieces of papers really well.



My mom had bought this crystal container a few days back and I decided to use that for keeping the chits.




So here's it. I hope I will have less trouble this year! :)



If you have any suggestions regarding the books then please let me know. I mostly read YA. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty