Food Review: Boomers' Three-item Platter

The first time I had visited Boomers, I had hated the place and their food, probably because I was having my lunch for the second time in two hours. This time, however, I loved every bit of the food (except for a tiny part of it), and have really nice things to say about it. Read on.

Here is a snapshot of Boomers' famous three-item platter:



Price:
Three-item Platter: BDT.245
Drink (Pepsi/7-Up/Mirinda): BDT.40
VAT is included.

All we can see are different shades of red and orange. That's because for some unknown reason Boomers make all their items have reddish gravy. Once they plop them on your plate, it's quite hard to distinguish between gravies of different items.

Although they have around six different items, I love these three most. If I ever taste the other ones, I will update this post or make new ones.

Let's start with the rice. The amount of the rice might appear too much for people who eat less, and for some people it's actually too little. For me it was a moderate amount, and was enough to fill your stomach along with a drink and dessert, but not alone. I loved the rice this time, however, the last time it had smelled and tasted faintly like detergent.

Let's come to the beef now. This is the juicy one, and not to be confused with the shredded beef (they have another one there called so which is dry and does not have gravy; is also spicy).



I sincerely hope that you can get a proper view of the ingredients included in this dish. The proportion of beef and other vegetables was 50%-50%, and I felt that they could actually put in some more beef. I tasted capsicum, a little tomato and onions. The gravy was salty, and tasted good.

Next I selected a prawn item. There is only one offering of prawn, so this is the one.



What I liked about this item was the crisp taste of the prawns. What I hated was the superfluous addition of tomatoes. I think they added a little bit of sugar to balance out the tangy taste of the tomatoes, and it made the gravy a little sweeter than necessary. Nevertheless, I liked the prawn pretty much, and hope to keep it on my list whenever I visit the place next time.
Oh, they had tomatoes and onions added to the prawns.

Next, I selected a chicken item. As far as I remember, they only have this for chicken.



Unfortunately, this item could not satisfy my taste buds. The gravy was too sweet for my taste, and the chicken tasted like the chicken balls and sausages of CP. Those who have tasted both of these will understand what I am talking about. The chicken was probably slightly processed, and I was kinda hesitant afterwards.
Although there was no vegetables other than onions, the addition of sugar ruined it for me. I believe I will avoid it the next time I go there.

So, that's it! That's the whole platter for three items.



Plus Pepsi. You can also have other soft drinks.
There is a dish of mixed vegetable and shredded beef, and I recommend them highly as well. If you need to skip, you can skip the chicken if you are allergic to sugary main courses.

Verdict: I loved the ambience of Boomers, and their food is good as well. I loved that they maintained proper hygiene while serving their food. I am not sure if the quality varies from time to time, but their dishes are worth giving it try. 
My rating for Boomers' Three-item Platter is:



So, what are your favorite dishes at Boomers? Let me know in the comments below!
CLICK HERE TO READ ALL FOOD REVIEWS BY ME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty