Restaurant and Meal Review: Shwarma House (Bashundhara Branch)

Pardon me if the I misspelled Shwarma. I have seen plenty of restaurants adopting the name Shawarma instead of Shwarma. I am not sure which one is correct, but the way we pronounce it, Shwarma should be the right spelling.

Anyway. Let's move onto the review. This was my first visit to Shwarma House, and the occasion was Friendship Day celebration with my friends. Having heard a lot of good things about this restaurant, I had my hopes pretty high, only to be shattered by their poor service.

Here are shots of the food that we ate:



Hot Mexican Pizza (approximate name, I forgot what the menu actually said)
10-inch
Price: BDT.472 + 15% VAT

What I loved about this pizza was that the crust was actually soft and we did not have to fight to get it down our throat. What I did not like was that I could smell the cheese on the pizza, but it was meager, and was nothing like what we find in the pizzas of Pizza Hut. Other ingredients were present adequately, and the pizza tasted good (and actually spicy) when combined with tomato sauce and mayonnaise they provided.

Rating: 4/5



Pasta Basta
Price: BDT.230 + 15% VAT

I think the picture expresses adequately, but please let me say it anyway. I hated the pasta. Although it was fresh out of oven, it was really dry and lacked mushroom (the menu seemed to promise plenty, trust me!). And, dear God, where was the cheese? WHERE WAS THE CHEESE? A few days back I heard someone say that this pasta was the best in the world. Umm, sorry, but I beg to differ. This pasta was actually nothing compared to the one I had in Appeliano (I will review that soon).
It was spicy, really spicy. Good for you if you care about the spice and not the cheese. It was well-cooked, so I understand why some people may have liked it.

Rating: 2/5

Let me come to the restaurant review now. I am not sure how to start it. I loved the environment of the restaurant and even the small decorations they had put to make the place look lovely.





But the service is what killed it all for me. We arrived and ordered the pizza(s) immediately, but they took around 55 minutes to deliver the food. Their excuse was shortage of staff, and we found only two people running to-and-fro all over the place, taking orders and serving food, and probably cooking them in between as well! Upon asking, they confessed that they did not have adequate staff to look over the whole process. There were already seven tables filled with visitors!

We ordered four pasta bastas next, and it took them another one hour to deliver the food. We were really mad at one point, because we had to literally beg them to listen to our pleas/complaints.

When the pizza had arrived first, we had to sit for another five minuted before the plates came (no silverware). We had already started eating by then, and one of our pizzas were already sleeping happily in our stomachs by the time we got the plates! I am very disappointed with their service. It could have been so much better. When you are in the food business, and in an area where you can expect many visitor, I think you should be prepared adequately. 'Lower number of staff' should never be an excuse here.

Verdict: I suffered from a high pressure all through the visit, but I liked the food. The pasta could have been way better, but I'll pass because they were eatable. I will probably visit there again for the pizza only, but not this particular outlet. If I face the same problem in the other outlets, I will remember to avoid Shwarma House altogether, and on a regular basis.

Rating for Shwarma House (Bashundhara Branch): 2/5

Click here to read other food reviews written by me! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty