Restaurant Review: RFC at Khilgaon

Before I tell you where this 'RFC' is located exactly, please let me say a quick prayer because I am not exactly sure if this restaurant was actually called RFC or not. There are so many '-FCs' popping up in the streets of Dhaka nowadays that it has become harder to commit most of them into my brain, even after I have visited one for lunch!

Here is a glimpse of what I was blessed with:





This collage was originally posted on my Instagram account.

So, let's get back to the review-thing. I had originally gone to Khilgaon to have lunch at Appeliano, which is a popular one at that area. But I was heartbroken when I came across the 'Closed' sign hanging on their door. Apparently the place was under minor construction, and I had to turn away with a heavy heart!

However, my stomach did not stop growling, and I had to look for other restaurants available. There was this shiny cafe that offered BBQs and other Mexican dishes, and a simple one (THIS IS THE ONE FOLKS!) that offered simple but familiar fried chicken. Born a pessimist, I decided to go for the latter.

My bad.

I entered into what appeared as a cave, with poor lighting and a nearly-40-inch TV hanging on one of the walls (quite the contrast! Thank their sponsor 'Mojo'). Three waiters (workers? maintenance people? I don't know what to call them, they did not have any uniform on them) were gawking at Aishwarya Rai dancing with the beats of 'Crazy Kiya Re', a track of Dhoom 2. I took a seat, but no one bothered to come and I ask if I wanted to eat something or was in mortal danger.

The place smelled like a mixture of rubber tires and burnt popcorn, if you know what I mean. The table I sat at was not cleaned properly, and I was relieved that they did not offer silverware! They promised of air conditioning, but I guess their AC was broken, because although it was turned on I kept sweating, and they had to turn on a wall fan. They have plenty of those set up on the walls.

After about ten minutes (ten L-O-N-G minutes), I decided to ask for the menu and place the order myself.
Their menu had a lot of items in them, and the meal I picked offered only either french fries OR coleslaw.
It appeared that they did not have coleslaw, so it made the whole ordeal much easier!

They told me to wait for ten minutes, and I got my food after no less than 30-excrutiating-minutes! I watched some more of Aishwarya Rai, this time with Hrithik Rawshan, a little bit of Bangla Serial, a couple of (umm, I actually lost count) commercials, and random flipping of channels. That was really exciting, you know!

So, I was happy to see the fries because they were right out of the fryer; but I couldn't be happy with the rest of the things. The chicken looked OK-ish, but the crust had no (or little salt) in it, making it bland altogether.



The bread made me want to cry! It was picked up from a general bakery and was cut to pieces and served.



I am pretty certain that the menu offered coke with the meal, but I was given Sprite/7-Up with a few mint leaves and a slice of lemon.



The sauce provided was basically tomato ketchup, except a rather runny version of it with a dash of garlic dip in the center. They even added some mint leaves to it.



Did I mention the AC problem? I sweated heavily as I gobbled down the food, hoping that the AC would start working any moment. Only it didn't.

Verdict: RFC is an average restaurant that does not offer any unique meal. You can find these meals in every other restaurant in Dhaka. The amount of the food was okay, but the quality could have been much better. They need to keep an eye on their hygiene issues, and of course need to take better care of their customers. You can visit this restaurant as a last resort, but not as a primary choice.

The meal cost me BDT.250. Let's not talk about the lost calories!

My rating for RFC:



UPDATE: The name was actually RFC (Rockers Fried Chicken). :) CLICK HERE to read all restaurant and food reviews written by me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty