Filled with So Much Hatred I Couldn't Find a Title for This Post!

To say I am disappointed with my life in this country would be the understatement of the century.


I believe most of you had read my post about my phone getting stolen with utmost pity (written in February, 2013). Well, get ready to summon all of those condolence once again, because the same incident has happened to me once again!

I am not short of a celeb, because this time the thief took her time to come to my house and steal it from right under my nose!

Our house is under construction, and a worker kept the gate open for some purpose. I was sitting in the living room (that's where my phone was) but left for a few moments. After quite a while My mom found a woman standing at our main door, looking slightly perplexed. Upon confronting she asked, "Do you want to hire a maid?" Mom was pissed, and shooed her away.

An hour later I found that my phone was gone! Poof! Just like that!

No one needed to tell me about what might actually have happened. The phone I could compromise, but I had all of my social networking apps on that phone, with a few of them logged it. Worse, I had my authenticator in it, which is pretty necessary for logging into some of my accounts.

There were photos of me and my family in it. I know of a thousand ways in which they can be misused, given the awesome country I live in. There are no rules (no active one, even if there are any) for cyber crimes, and people create random pages with stolen photos as a time pass (and trust me, people here have plenty of free time).

I visited the in-charge at the nearby police station, who at first denied filing a GD, saying that stolen stuff cannot have a GD. I requested a lot and then he budged. However, he made it very clear that he did not have any interest in tracking down my phone. He asked me to get the tracking done by someone I know personally (!).
I went to RAB, but they said that they did not handle such small incidents. Apparently, the case would be looked at if the thief had murdered me in the process!

Wow!

I somewhat gave up on the phone, and have been praying so that things don't get too dirty.

Okay. So I had to format my PC for a reason, and now Facebook won't let me in. I have my number back, but that stupid thing keeps asking me for some code that I am supposed to get after logging in to FB with my phone. I can't, because I am using a dumbphone (!) for the time being. I asked for the code through SMS, which they are sending (that's what they claim), and is probably scheduled to reach me after I die. Not long, eh? Right.



I guess I am done with Facebook, then. I had a pretty nice profile over there, and I seriously do not intend to get another one now.

Everything is making me really mad now. Why do all things have to get messed up at once?

Image credit: freedigitalphotos.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty