Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015!

[A post on good and bad memories of 2014 and resolutions for 2015.]

Another year is gone from my life. Time truly flies.
This time it was literally gone with the blink of an eye. It still feels like January 2014, except I am twelve months late.

Wishing you all a very happy new year, and hope that you will live your life to the fullest, achieve whatever you dream of (or at least get one step closer to achieving it) and stay healthy all through 2015.

Image Credit: Freedigitalphotos.net
I cannot really say I will miss this year, because 2014 wasn't one of the best ones of my life. In this post, I will list down some of the good and bad experiences of my life for each month. I am not sure if I will be able to remember them all, but I will try. I guess I am a happy person because I cannot remember most bad memories. I will leave the worst memory space blank if I cannot remember anything.

January:
Best Memory: Shot my first ever commercial for MKT337 (Promotional Management) course. This was one of those courses that I felt connected to, and I did not hate myself for picking up Business Studies and officially ruining my life.
Although we weren't professionals, the concept and the editing got us through the course. Our instructor liked it a lot and found it very creative!
You can watch the commercial here:



Worst Memory: New year, new semester, new set of pains. What else do you need?
Jokes apart, I cannot remember anything particularly bad happening to me in January.

February:
Best Memory: I started a book blog in February! Yay!
Worst Memory: My first test-venture failed, and I had to disengage my name from the entity. Being a partner with an international client can suck sometimes, too.

March:
Best Memory: I had applied for the post of an article writer for an online magazine, and they called me for an interview. I was super-excited! I also got hired later in that month.
Worst Memory: [  ]

April: 
Best Memory: Had a really nice Pohela Boishakh after a LONG time! Hope to have a better one this year!

Worst Memory: My phone was stolen from my own house! I had bought it with my salary. :(

May:
Best Memory: Made creamy chicken pasta for the first time and my parents actually loved it. Most of my first-time dishes are usually huge flops.
Worst Memory: I got locked out of my own Facebook account because I had authenticator app turned on on my 'lost' phone, and I decided to format my computer right then. Those were really sad days. I shudder when I think about them!


June:
This month seems pretty nonexistent in my life. I cannot remember anything particularly good or bad about this month. Guess I was busy reading books and doing regular classes.

July:
Best Memory: My birthday! My parents and brother called me up in the middle of the night to wish me. They even bought me a cake of my favorite flavors: vanilla and strawberry!


Worst Memory: We lost my cat Olive. She was suffering from severe cold. Even prescribed medicines could not save her. One day she left the house and never came back.


August:
Best Memory: Had an awesome house party with all my aunts and a few cousins. This was the first after my aunt shifted away to Dhanmondi. Ammu cooked all these yummy foods:


Worst Memory: My CGPA dipped even more. I ended up with a C+ in Finance and D+ in Statistics, the lowest grades I have ever received at NSU.

September:
September, too, was not very eventful in my life. Let's move on to the next month.

October:
Best Memory: The best memory of this month was the celebration of my parents' 25th Wedding Anniversary. My brother and I threw this huge party that was attended by all my relatives from both sides. Here is a sneak peek.


Worst Memory: My cat Milo died on 28th from flu. Let's not talk about it anymore.


November:
Best Memory: I call this month 'the month of baking', clearly because my usually-sloppy baking skills turned better, and I baked these for the first time in my life: braided bun and Mexican Hot Pizza with chicken.

 

Worst Memory: One of my friends got mugged (I don't know if that's the right word to use, though) right in front of me. Two people came on a bike and snatched the bag away. We kept looking on. There was nothing we could have done to prevent it. I have been paranoid ever since.

December:
Best Memory: Thanks to a friend of mine, I got introduced to these new people and online magazines, and I will be working for one of them soon. This obviously has to be the best memory of this month!
Worst Memory: The year is over, what could be worse than that?
No, but seriously, if anyone asked me to name a memory that was bad, I would say NSU advising. The authorities have changed the course registration system and we have had to go through a traumatic experience for getting our desired courses for Spring '15. But like they say, all's well that ends well.

My life is not that eventful, so obviously there wasn't much to write about. But I sincerely hope that 2015 will bring in lots of new experiences for me to share with you all!

Now, here are a few resolutions for 2015.

1. The most important one: I will spend less time online and try to be more productive.
2. I will finish what I start (read: will stop procrastinating).
3. I will do at least one thing that will change my life-if possible-permanently.

Let's keep it to three. I am really skilled at breaking promises.

So that's a wrap. Tell me about yours in the comments below! :)
Sorry for such a long post and thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!