"What Do You Want to Do In Future?"

"So, what do you want to do in life?" this was the common question people used to asked me when I was about to take my HSC exams.
My answers used to be definite. I was younger, immature, but I had a set plan for my life. I knew what I was doing, what I was aiming for.

Today I am that same girl, albeit a bit older; but when someone asks me the same question, my answer is:
Error 404: Answer Not Found.

Image Credit: Danilo Rizzuti at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
When I had picked Business as a concentration at college, I had never thought that the journey would be so boring. When the lecturer was teaching us about franchises and acquisitions, I kept missing Biology labs. Cutting frogs and cockroaches seemed much more appealing than learning business strategies.
Marketing was (still is) probably one of the subjects that intrigued me slightly. But then there was another problem. I stared at the chapters that taught us about traditional marketing, and then went online to look at how things worked. I never found anything similar.

So yeah, we needed an official course on Digital Marketing, but was being taught what would undoubtedly become somewhat null and void after a couple of years.

I started losing interest in Marketing.

Writing is something I used to do on and off. I started poking into online marketplaces and got a few gigs. I did one or two just for fun, but then it became regular.

So, yeah. I am a girl who wanted to study Biology but ended up studying Marketing and MIS for no obvious reasons, and believes that her Marketing degree is not complete without learning a bit about Digital Marketing, which will probably never be taught at colleges. And she is currently working part-time as an article writer, which is totally different from her concentration.

Sounds confusing? Yeah, it does to me too. So whatever you do, please do not ask the question I mentioned a few minutes ago, because I am seriously not sure what I am going to do with my life in future!

On another note, those who are planning to create a small office space at their place, check out these inspirations from my Pinterest board. Hope you find it useful! :)

Follow Mehnaz's board For My Office on Pinterest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!