Movie Review: The Last Three Animation Movies that I Watched

Hotel Transylvania
Release Date: September, 2012
Duration: About 90 minutes
IMDb Rating: 7.1/10 (as of January 19, 2013)

Okay I want to keep this one as short and simple as possible.

Like I said before, everything that has a touch of something paranormal (not in the scary way though) to it manages to steal my heart. This movie was not an exception. I loved the idea of monsters being scared of humans and the characters were quite likeable, too.

The only thing I did not like about the plot is how it ended: humans not freaking out to find real monsters among that? Not likely!

The animation was flawless, the soundtracks rocked, and this movie couldn't have been much better! So my rating is:
Eagerly waiting for the sequel to come out!


Brave
Release Date: June, 2012
Duration: About 93 minutes
IMDb Rating: 7.2/10 (as of January 19, 2013)

A Disney movie with an awesome princess-common! A Disney movie with an awesome princess but not any awesome prince or a love story-well, not that common!
When the movie had started, I was thinking about something totally different. I thought maybe after all Merida would fall in love with the son of an enemy clan or something, and they would go through a lot and finally end up living happily ever after. But as I watched along I was astonished to see that the plot did not match my assumptions, at all. It's the first time any Disney movie has actually managed to surprise me with it's unpredictable plot.
The only thing I did not like is that the movie ended too soon. I know, with this plot, it was really impossible to show something else or add other sides, but it would have been nice to watch the movie for a few more minutes (maybe I'll try to watch it again!).

My rating for the movie:


Tangled
Release Date: November, 2010
Duration: About 100 minutes
IMDb Rating: 7.8/100 (as of January 19, 2013)

Yes, this was a Disney movie with a gorgeous princess and her charming prince (well not prince, actually). Before watching this movie when I came across the poster, I knew that this was a slightly modified version of 'Rapunzel' that I grew up hearing. My first encounter with Rapunzel was through a Barbie movie. Nevertheless, the details of this movie was entertaining and I didn't lose interest in it even for a minute.

Although Disney could step out of the tradition and add some other things to make the movie even more interesting. But I still like it the way it is.

My rating:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty