30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 3: Pumpkins

Actually, my plan was to make some strawberries today. But I ended up with three pumpkins.

Let's drop the preamble and jump into the details. I picked the mildest orange and green blocks from my tub of horrifyingly vibrant clay, which looked something like this before I had peeled the plastic wrapper off:


I took the orange clay and divided it into three portions:


After kneading each piece, I turned them into balls:


I squeezed the balls a bit with my thumb and index finger to shape them up a bit. For the ribs, I used my college ID card. A little shaping with the fingers was also needed to fix the super-sharp edges created by the card.


Next, I used the end of a compass (from a geometry box) to create the hollow at the bottom of a pumpkin.


I repeated the process with the other two pumpkins and at this point they looked something like this:


Now time for the stems! This was the hardest part because they were so small! And don't forget my nails!
Okay! So I started with the pale green block (and after kneading I discovered that a darker shade would have been more appropriate), tore a small portions and made this:


I used my fingers to shape the bottom, and it looked like this:


I created two more like this, one rather sloppy.
Anyway, then came the final moment! Attaching the stems to the bodies! ^_^

The final products looked like the following:



I snapped on my moping mode after seeing these delicate models, because they suddenly reminded me that these are made from playdough and not polymer clay, and I won't be able to save them. :(

P.S. My brother has challenged me to make a pizza. Let's see if I can make it. :)

Click here to see the complete album on my Facebook!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30-day Playdough Challenge: Day 7: Elephant!

30-Day Playdough Challenge: Day 1: Hello Kitty